Sunday, July 17, 2011

Transformations, lifting the veil, stepping up.


Transformations, lifting the veil, stepping up.

by Dianna Naylor on Wednesday, 16 June 2010 at 15:02
I have been here 4 months. In a few weeks, it will be 6 months since the leap of faith.

Last time I wrote on transformation.

That is still occurring at a steady even pace. I mentioned to my supervisor that it appears that when I get comfortable with one area, another challenge opens up. I have been less concerned these days with perfection, but with progress. I have known about that phrase for years from AA. I have practiced for years also, but it has been a more meaningful experience. I can actually do this more often without having to have the *Your an idiot, Dianna* or some other similar phrase. It is getting easier.

All the new pathways are being created in my dim little brain with moments of consolidation. I am not displeased.

Lifting the veil.

I refer to this as these layers that come off and I see things for what they are. I suppose it is called by different names: coming out of denial, stepping into the light...etc. This particular veil is being lifted in regards to people close to me. People I have had problems understanding for years. I can see things for other people, but never myself..until now...It isn't necessarily a joyous experience, but it has been important that I learn this. It is as if a huge chunk of a puzzle has finally fit together.

Stepping up.

I have felt this since I made the leap of faith with everything. Stepping up my behavior, my beliefs, my dress, my manner of treating people, my relationships, my ethics, my work. I asked for the opportunity, and it has been given. How often was I given a gift, to then just do nothing?

The joys are getting to see my Grandkid. She is 15 now. Smart, funny, and beautiful. I see the Godkid, who is also smart, funny and beautiful. Someday, I hope they will get to meet. Of course, I can't say enough about Jeff. Love of my life.

I continue to be grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment