I have thought I had a lot in common with Harry Potter.
For one, we both wear glasses.
We both think that magic is absolutely cool.
I mostly related to having family that did not seem to like us very much. Both of us came alive once we were at school and were able to make friends.
I can remember very much spending a lot of time away from my house and feeling trapped once I was there.
Themes that carried to my relationship with my first husband. He may have loved me, but he did not like me.
I see where a lot of teachers became surrogate parents as well as my friend's family.There were those teachers who did not have my best interest at heart and many moments of truth and insight came from my surrogate family. As I wrote before in my note "Patchwork Quilts", I have had to put together a family.
I think Jeff would be amazed that his family is the Weasleys.

No comments:
Post a Comment