Sunday, July 17, 2011

Gratitude check


Gratitude Check

by Dianna Naylor on Thursday, 04 November 2010 at 09:47
I noticed today that I am almost at the year point from my last surgery.  This was the most painful and difficult one I went through in the last two years.  It was chest surgery to remove a tumor.  December 9th, 2009.  It was horrible. However, it was a starting point to some really important things that I have learned.   I tell you this story to go into my thoughts.

I was thinking as I was driving into work today, as I usually do. I recently came upon a situation with an acquaintance, who did some drastic things.  I have been wondering how they came about and why that person chose what they did.  There were some extreme, hurtful choices.  I wonder what could that person have done or caught before this situation occurred. 

I remember in the last several years how I dreaded going to work.  Not because of the clients,  but because of certain toxic people I had to work with. There was chronic chaos at the site I worked at.  I detached a lot, but like a basement with cracks, debris would still manage to seep in.  Then I would rush home to make dinner and then get to the point where I would try to relax, but even home was stressful.  At home, it was like being bitten to death by ducks on a daily basis, with regular visits from a bear. On top of it I was sick.  Nobody knew how sick I was getting.  Not even me.  I really thought it was in my head.  I see now where I never got away from stress and worry. However, I kept this up for a long, long time. I could have made some really poor choices, but I did not.  I wonder, what was different between me and this acquaintance?  There, but the grace of God, go I?  Now, I am not advocating to you the choices I made, if you find yourself really relating to this.  They worked for me, and me alone.  They are between me and my Higher Power.  However, I just want to impress upon you how much your choices and lifestyle impact your health, mentally, emotionally and physically.  You really do and can get sick from this stuff if you don’t listen to that voice that keeps telling you that something is not right. 

Do something about it, instead of ignoring the warning signs.    

I finally stopped ignoring the signs.

I thank you God.
I am grateful today.

No comments:

Post a Comment