Continued...
by Dianna Naylor on Friday, 28 May 2010 at 13:42
May 28th, 2010. 5 months into the transformation. Again it seem much longer than it has been (not in the bad way). I am never sure how things are going to look as the transformation unfolds, so it has been like opening presents every day.
Next week I will have been at work 6 weeks. I am seeing where my style as a counselor and Meridian's style as an agency are starting to merge. They like me here, and I like them. I think I have found my nitch once more.
I am no longer in fear of taking that damned licensure exam. I'll pass that..the first time.
Festus (my cat, Jeff's step-cat) has more than doubled his size, has strange and unusual vocalizations, and has removed Jeff from his favorite chair. He is silly most of the time, and a pain when he wants attention @ 4:30 in the morning.
Muttley (Jeff's dog, and my step-dog) has figured out that I am a sucker and will give treats on demand. The family (sans Festus) goes for rides twice a week. Muttley hangs his head out of the window and lets his jowls flap in the breeze.
The apartment looks like a home now. there is now a dinette set, living room furniture, and patio furniture. Just a few more items that we really need and the big stuff will be done. It is taking shape, and as Jeff pointed out, there is a theme running through the house. To me it looks solid, well done, stable, understated and will be around for a long time. Things you won't get sick of looking at after 30-40 years. I think I just found the theme of the transformation, don't you?
I would say the same of mine and Jeff's relationship.
Jeff had been eying the T.V. stand we bought for several years. (I continue to be astounded at his patience). I asked him at dinner how it felt to get something that you wanted for a very long time... He said "I found that out about 3 and a half months ago..."
I continue to be grateful to God.
Next week I will have been at work 6 weeks. I am seeing where my style as a counselor and Meridian's style as an agency are starting to merge. They like me here, and I like them. I think I have found my nitch once more.
I am no longer in fear of taking that damned licensure exam. I'll pass that..the first time.
Festus (my cat, Jeff's step-cat) has more than doubled his size, has strange and unusual vocalizations, and has removed Jeff from his favorite chair. He is silly most of the time, and a pain when he wants attention @ 4:30 in the morning.
Muttley (Jeff's dog, and my step-dog) has figured out that I am a sucker and will give treats on demand. The family (sans Festus) goes for rides twice a week. Muttley hangs his head out of the window and lets his jowls flap in the breeze.
The apartment looks like a home now. there is now a dinette set, living room furniture, and patio furniture. Just a few more items that we really need and the big stuff will be done. It is taking shape, and as Jeff pointed out, there is a theme running through the house. To me it looks solid, well done, stable, understated and will be around for a long time. Things you won't get sick of looking at after 30-40 years. I think I just found the theme of the transformation, don't you?
I would say the same of mine and Jeff's relationship.
Jeff had been eying the T.V. stand we bought for several years. (I continue to be astounded at his patience). I asked him at dinner how it felt to get something that you wanted for a very long time... He said "I found that out about 3 and a half months ago..."
I continue to be grateful to God.

No comments:
Post a Comment